Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A surprisingly good Apple Pie

Okay, so, this post isn't about a recipe that I tried (sorry for the disappointment) but I just had a crazy week and I had exams, so yes, I deserve to indulge in a decadent apple pie!

I have to say, this apple pie is to die for. I'm not a big fan of apple pie but this one is the exception. My mom bought it to some homemade bakers and it only lasted two days in our fridge (that's a new record).


It basically consists of a thin layer of apple and a thick layer of cream. It's a-m-a-z-i-n-g! And the cinnamon! Just like Corine Bailey Rae's song:  Summer came like cinnamon, soooo sweet! (We'll pretend it's still summer) 


You can see the little apple bites and the cream. It's 40% apple, 55% cream and 5% custard, cinnamon and pecan.  Good thing I'm an apple maniac. I eat an apple a day (keep the doctor away!) and even tough I prefer eating the apple as a fresh fruit or in salads, I sometimes crave for an apple pie. Not just any pie, this pie. 




What better way to enjoy an apple pie than with a cup of coffee!


Two days ago we celebrated Mexico's Independence Day! VIVA MÉXICO!!! I'm a proud mexican :) I love my country even with its many flaws. 



P.S I'm currently obsessed with Casey Abram's song: Stuck in London (Orchestra People version).        I fell in love with it. You have to hear it <3 It's incredible. 



1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I've never had apple pie like it but I'm sure I would like it very very much :)

    ReplyDelete